The Early Childhood Department is providing the following resources to assist administrators with a framework of best practices in the Early Childhood classroom.
- ECH IP Guidance for Appraisers
- ECH Principal Handbook
- PK Administrator’s Observation Guide
- Kinder Administrator’s Observation Guide
The following presentations were shared during the Summer Leadership Institute (June 17-19, 2014):
1. Kindergarten Readiness Skills Screener – The KRS is a comprehensive screener developed to determine if students entering kindergarten have the readiness skills of a typically developed child of kindergarten age. Learn each aspect of the KRS and understand how to use the KRS to individualize learning for kindergarten students.
2. Early Childhood Observation Guide (PK/K Classrooms) – The guide is a rubric-based tool that participants will use to deeply analyze the components of the Early Childhood classroom including but not limited to: Classroom Environment, Data Collection and Tracking, and The Content Area Instructional Blocks.